In 1962, Bob James set out to build a different kind of financial services firm – one that would focus on long-term planning instead of simply placing trades, one that would remain uncompromisingly moderate through market highs and lows, and one that would always put clients and the advisors who serve them first. And now, after more than 50 years of integrity, independence and innovation, Bob's different kind of firm is one of the leading independent financial services companies in the United States.
A brief history
- 1962: Robert A. James Investments merges with Raymond & Associates to form Raymond James.
- 1983: Raymond James is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, symbol RJF.
- 2008: Raymond James is one of the few firms to remain stable and profitable through the economic downturn.
- 2012: Raymond James and Morgan Keegan merge to form one of the country’s largest independent full-service wealth management and investment banking firms not headquartered on Wall Street.
- 2013: Raymond James reaches its 100th consecutive quarter of profitability.1
From humble beginnings, Raymond James has grown to become a well-respected, widely recognized multinational firm with distinct business units that serve a variety of clients, from individuals and small business owners to municipalities and major corporations.
By the numbers:
•approximately 7,100 advisors
•over 2,800 locations (United States, Canada and abroad)
•more than 2.9 million client accounts
•approximately $604 billion in total client assets
*as of 9/30/2016
Raymond James Financial Services, Inc.,
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements. Raymond James financial advisers may only conduct business with residents of the states and/or jurisdictions for which they are properly registered. Therefore, a response to a request for information may be delayed. Please note that not all of the investments and services mentioned are available in every state. Investors outside of the United States are subject to securities and tax regulations within their applicable jurisdictions that are not addressed on this site. Contact our office for information and availability.